About

One Man Movie (OMM) is a short, 6-8 minute action flick that is being made entirely by myself. I'm doing the writing, directing, acting, editing, music, graphics, and promotional stuff with no help from anyone else. And no, I did not build the camera from scratch, write the software, create the fonts, effects packs, nor the characters clothing. Those are all props and tools. What's a man without his tools? Despite the the short length of the film, it will be weeks (months?) from now before it is completed due to the technical craziness required in order to have multiple characters played by the same person coexist and interact on the same screen. It shouldn't be a problem though. Just time consuming. This blog will follow my day-to-day experiences on developing and releasing the film, mainly because I need SOMEONE to rant to so I don't leak it to real life people. I started the project in early September, when I wrote the story and created the musical score. From then until late September, I fleshed out the story, collected props, and finally bought a slightly better camera. Filming began in late September.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday 10/2 ...

Progress is going too slow. "Work harder" my ass. I'm spending all my time on this. I'm still not at Friday's goal. I'll break Ebert's Law here and say YOU try using the Sony Vegas' Event Pan/Crop tool for nearly every individual frame on most clips. One more re-shoot for this 30 second segment, and I should be mostly done with this part. I'm buying some neon poster boards to do better green screens for these car scenes, even though I've nearly spent all week doing it the hard way and now there's very few car scenes left in the whole movie.

Don't expect me to follow for a while. Just don't comment if you don't feel like it. I'll "call you back" (aka start commenting on everyones blogs again) when I'm ready to return.

Anger's my motivation, bitch. It has been the whole time. I will persist.

Edit: You may have noticed I've been saying "20 second scene" or "30 second scene" a lot in these posts. I just checked, and this week's edited/to-be-edited footage is actually around 50 seconds. Good. That's like 1/7th of the movie.

10 comments:

  1. Rage can be good motivation sometimes. I'm sure you'll get it done

    ReplyDelete
  2. *isn't commenting, cause I don't feel like it*

    ReplyDelete
  3. be relentless, and then dont quit until everyone is sore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it up man, result will probably be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that 30 seconds is a lot longer irl than it seems..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really dislike video editing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. remember, being too angry leads to being sloppy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I bet once this is done it will be awesome because you have not given up on it despite everything.

    ReplyDelete