About

One Man Movie (OMM) is a short, 6-8 minute action flick that is being made entirely by myself. I'm doing the writing, directing, acting, editing, music, graphics, and promotional stuff with no help from anyone else. And no, I did not build the camera from scratch, write the software, create the fonts, effects packs, nor the characters clothing. Those are all props and tools. What's a man without his tools? Despite the the short length of the film, it will be weeks (months?) from now before it is completed due to the technical craziness required in order to have multiple characters played by the same person coexist and interact on the same screen. It shouldn't be a problem though. Just time consuming. This blog will follow my day-to-day experiences on developing and releasing the film, mainly because I need SOMEONE to rant to so I don't leak it to real life people. I started the project in early September, when I wrote the story and created the musical score. From then until late September, I fleshed out the story, collected props, and finally bought a slightly better camera. Filming began in late September.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday 10/12 - Arm improves slightly

Sorry for the lack of posts these last couple of days. School's been a little... hectic this week. Because of people at school being asses, my recent injury, and the fact that colder weather is starting to set in, I've been a tad bit depressed.

Anyway, I finally have time to work on the movie, but I'm still far from being in any condition to film. I'm actually thinking of spending most of whatever plastic money I still have on a shoulder brace, so I can go out and film without worrying about re-dislocating my shoulder. That's what the sling is for, but the sling is... well, worn on the outside of clothing.

I've found new things to edit, however. For that last edit, I'm actually taking most of what you guys said in the comments into consideration. Most significantly, I'm going to make the van explode when the guy is walking away from it. I've had an urge to do that since I first watched the footage, but it didn't match up with what I had planned out. The character was originally going to escape in that van at the end of the movie, but now I'm going to come up with another way for him to escape, for the sake of fancy smanchy special effects.

Thanks for continued support :]

20 comments:

  1. nice post man thnx

    ReplyDelete
  2. not problem is nice post

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Cool guys dont look at explosions.."

    You should have him look at the explosion going "wtf" though so it becomes less of a cliché ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everybody gets swamped sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nukes, tons of them <--- do this :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol! I can't wait for explosions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your shoulder and people being an ass at school. Hope you get better soon.

    Definitely like the idea of him walking from the exploding van as we all know only cool guys walk away from explosions. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. its ok mate i await for ur new post soon. First school than blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww :( I hope your arm gets better! I can't wait to see this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Response: Well you COULD make the van explode, I'm just saying dont fall in the pit of clichés ;) There's always another way of spicing up a scene, and humour is always something good ^^

    He could look at the van and say "I wonder why that would explode for no reason... Oh well" and just move on ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey man, school bogs us all down. I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to hear your arm is doing better! I worried that you were gonna have to put the project off for a while so you could heal up, but no! Tenacity! Good on ya, mate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm enjoying reading your plans. cant wait to see the next clips.

    ReplyDelete
  15. best of luck dude, great concept!

    ReplyDelete